Re: (TFT) First impressions on Dark City Games and The Crown of Kings

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Hartley" <jh@brainiac.com>
To: <tft@zappa.brainiac.com>

Earlier this week I received The Crown of Kings, the first release of
a TFT-compatible programmed adventure from Dark City Games.

Has anyone tried their combat system? It abandons the you-move-I-move and then-we-strike TFT system and goes to a GURPS-like system where each figure does both movement and combat in one phase. Looks to me like this would produce far more fluid battles than TFT's combat system does.

I also noted a number of detail changes, like using DX for movement allowance, that seemed interesting. I'm gonna buy the adventures.