Re: (TFT) Starting character point levels.

I too agree with previous replies.

For an ongoing game, it's most satisfying to start pretty low, like at 32.
Starting out with powerful characters tends to leave players not really
knowing how their characters got experience, which often doesn't work as
well unless they are experienced players.

For a one-off combat session, though, you might want to give them a few
more points. 35 sounds reasonable. Alternatively, plan ahead for the
eventual player deaths, and what characters they can take over after that.
I had a lot of fun playing just Melee when I first got into TFT, just
seeing who could stay alive in an arena career, starting everyone at 32
and going on with mainly duels. Very few survived to gain much experience.

Also remember, unless I'm mistaken, that humans are supposed to average
30, meaning that's a common value, and many are lower. Some gladiators may
also be injured before a fight, and allies may be available - strength
lies in numbers.

PvK