Re: (TFT) Memories --> Tim gives us the goods on Dave???

Ha! What a good story! I'd forgotten how we initiated you with Death Test 1, so very long ago. Shame on me for forgetting about the Bear Room!

  Yes, I did run a TFT campaign at Eastern. We would play on the weekends and nights when you were not running your RuneQuest or C&S campaigns.  Let's see...Joe, Butch, and Wade were my regular players. Jeff was a regular too, until he left school.

  Dave, it was a guy named Jim Poole who back-stabbed Joe's hobbit. That was not one of my shining moments as a GM. Here it is 26 years later and I still feel bad for Joe. I shouldn't have let Poole do that. He was just making a "guest appearance" one night with our campaign group, and he decided to be a bad guy. Messing up the campaign for Joe's favorite character was not anyone's idea of fun (except Jim's).

  You did play in "The Vikings" and "Seventh Voyage" melee adventures. We played them at your apartment in H-ville, because you had that nice huge hex map with the plexiglass cover that allowed us to use markers to draw terrain features and stuff.  I totally understand that you might not remember, that was close to 20 years ago.

  I caught up with you by using Google a few years ago. I've visited your website a few times. I really liked the "Bridge at Khazad-dum" adventure you designed for Melee. Oh yeah, your Xena costume is a hoot. :)

  Google showed me some articles you wrote for a SF fan club up there. You wrote movie reviews for the LOTR trilogy. I gotta say I agreed with most everything you wrote about the movies - they were good, but could have been so much better.

  These days I mainly play computer games. A few months ago I started back in an RPG group (after not playing for years). We're playing the new Serenity RPG, based on the Serenity movie and Firefly television series. Not sure if you are a fan of it, but it's pretty big down here.

  I've been here in Houston for 16 years, ever since I left Huntsville.

  Tim