Re: (TFT) Wargame 5 --> Wizards in TFT Wargame --> Apprentices DX

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 22:31, Peter von Kleinsmid wrote:
> Makes sense to pay based on ability...
>
> However, I didn't think all apprentices did was cast Aid in emergency
> situations. In fact, though I may mis-remember, I thought apprentices were
> simply a generic requirement when enchanting, and it combat-like DX rolls
> actually played no part, so in that case, a DX 8 apprentice would be fine.

  The magic item creations rules do not say anything
about Appr. DX rolls so you have a good argument.  I
just assumed that was a simplification.

  I do assume that Apprentices have to make DX rolls
to cast the Aids.  Altho if you had lots of warning
that the spell was coming up they could aim the spell
carefully for a DX bonus...

  Warm regards, Rick.