Re: (TFT) TFT Healing

In a message dated 9/13/2006 8:49:16 PM Central Daylight Time, pvk@oz.net
writes:

> On Wed, September 13, 2006 6:40 pm, ErolB1@aol.com wrote:
> > What I do do is apply a penalty to physical St below St 0: E.g. if a
> > character with St 12 is reduced to St -2, his physical St for purposes of
> > weapon use, encumberance, etc, is reduced to St 10.
>
> Is there a way for people to fall unconscious without dying in your
> system? I don't see one from what you mentioned.

Various ways:

o I have fatigue/stun damage and regular damage in separate "pools." When
fatigue/stun St is 0, the character is semiconscious, when less than St 0, he's
unsconscious.

o Characters reduced below St 0 from injury normally take 1 point of physical
St loss and 1 point of stun along with each point of injury below St 0.
However if the character falls prone from an attack (or is already prone when hit),
he takes 2 pts stun and 1/2 pt physical St loss per point of injury. So if a
St 12 character was reduced to St -7 by a blow that knocked him down, he'd be
down to -2 stun and out cold. (When he wakes up he'll also have a -3 penalty
to his physical St)

o Characters injured below St 0 take stun if they try to stand up or attack.
This is applied at the end of the turn, to allow for the classic bit of "get
reduced to negative St by an attack that also drops you to kneeling, struggle
back to your feet, make a last attack - and then pass out. Or the other classic
bit of being knocked down & badly wounded, standing up, and immediately
falling over in a faint.

o Finally, it's possible to make attacks for stun damage only, or for both
stun & regular damage.

So it is fairly hard to fall unconscious without dying, but not impossible.

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow