Re: (TFT) fiction ?

I know Tom Clancy was/is a wargamer. I've been told that his first book, "The Hunt for Red October" was loosely based around a game he had played. Whether that's true or not I'm not 100% sure.

Of course Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman were both D&D players who based their "Dragonlance" books around a game that they played.

Robert Asprin might have had gaming in mind when he did the "Sanctuary" books. We did some roleplaying in that world using multiple DMs and multiple PCs, much the same way the books were written with multiple authors and multiple characters.

--David O. Miller

Do you know if anyone has written fiction based on or using TFT ? For that matter, has anyone written fiction using any role playing game ? E.G.: TFT, AD&D, Traveller, etc.

It's dawned on me that the character generation systems and the milieus and the other rules of role playing games could be good tools for generating characters and scenarios and encounters (respectively) for fiction. I was wondering if anyone has thought likewise and done it.