[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TFT) 8 hits or more --> Duration of fall and cannon
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: (TFT) 8 hits or more --> Duration of fall and cannon
- From: Christopher Fuhrman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:04:38 -0800 (PST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=3FEFn75Mh9ONHZ88e46eNthyJc1Oipe5IDDLmB/tR8Wk2lfFwRNcB5RW4f4dVM/bzx/imVHrCAm+Ge3gt3CJmr7kQlTmfycXAWxgLhdEjF/jyFEMi6vLqkB5SMQZgpPnN5meOds7HV7yuDyG/9yvoEDvbkAtIZwZ7mUge2iYzi8=;
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
--- Rick Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Anyway, there is a discrepancy in the rules, so my advice is
> to forget cannon and pick what makes sense to you. If you
> insist on cannon, then go with the microgame rules. That was
> what SJ wrote, and I think the contradictions that arose after
> that was poor rules writing by those condensing rules or
> trying to fix a different rule not considering the question
> you are puzzling over.
Well said, Rick. I agree there is no canon here, because TFT never
really got past the unstable "2.0" stage with its true visionary
still in control. I'm calling version 1 the Microgames.
As for the 2.0 (AM/AW/ITL) documents, there isn't even an index. Much
(if not all) of the documentation was laid out by hand in those days.
There were probably different people who worked on different parts of
different documents: someone wrote the combat example in AM with its
inconsistencies, put together the codex, the Fantasy Masters' Screen,
etc. Maybe SJ or HT did quality control at the end and tried to catch
all the mistakes and contradictions. We shouldn't be surprised that
they are there.
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
Post to the entire list by writing to email@example.com.
Unsubscribe by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message body