Re: (TFT) 8 hits or more --> Duration of fall and cannon

On Nov 12, 2006, at 8:22 PM, David O. Miller wrote:

Just for fun I would like to run an informal poll here. Please respond to only one:

1. Our group plays TFT by the book with no alterations.

But, as we use Melee and Wizard, and not AW or AM (or ITL for that matter), and given the fact that we use it strictly for conflict simulation (wargaming), it's far easier to stick by what was printed, and skip any arguments over a houserule.

Bonus poll:

2. I do not believe the Fantasy Master's Screen and the Codex should be considered part of the official cannon.

Again, from my perspective, as a wargamer, and not a roleplayer (with TFT, at least), I believe the slimmer the better. Secondly, Steve Jackson's hand is not on these products, and he is the original creator.

My thoughts are that, the Screen and the Codex are just someone else's house rules, and being house rules, are not canonical.

David Jackson