(TFT) First attacks in HTH

I have another quick question. Let's say A initiates HTH on B. By the
rules, A's initiation counts as an attack, so A wouldn't get to
attack that round. However, Advanced Melee says that if B rolls a 3
or 4, he gets to draw his dagger and use it on his next attack.

What is the "next attack" in this situation?

Is it unreasonable to allow the defender to drop current weapon, draw
a new weapon, *and* attack in the same round (if he hasn't yet
attacked)? How do you all play this and what is the reasoning?

I'd be leaning towards no attacks in the first round of HTH, save the
die-roll of 6 where the defender attacks the HTH initiator with his
readied weapon.