(TFT) Enhancing Melee/Wizard (as a Wargame) with Magic Items

At 22:20 -0500 11/27/06, David wrote:
I am interested in developing a more developed point-buy system for our Melee/Wizard wargames, and one of the things that came up was the use of magic items.

I know that most of you use TFT strictly as a roleplaying tool, but are there any resources for this?

Two ideas, both untested:

1) Party gets (say) 52 weeks to work, on the jobs table. Cash earned can be used to buy fine weapons, magic, etc. at the standard rates as listed in AW and AM. If one or more members die, their earned money vanishes and their replacements get only the remaining weeks to work, which discourages jobs that are extremely risky/lucrative.

2) Player gets a total of (say) $8000 to create a party and is in the role of the "patron". Any character used must be "hired" for 6 months (consistent with army/police/other risky job) at the *highest* salary for which he's qualified on the jobs table. Leftover money is used to buy fine weapons, magic, etc. Opponents are allowed to check which job was used after the game, to make sure the character wasn't low-balled by the patron.
--
                           Mark Tapley, Dwarf Engineer
                       (I haven't cleared my neighborhood)