Re: (TFT) Re: Kids and TFT

----- Original Message ----
From: Mark Tapley <mtapley@swri.edu>

> Also based
on my experience, boys don't mind hack/n/slash fighting,
> but girls will
want to spend a lot more time on role-playing and
> developing relationships.
This is probably pretty personality
> dependent, but your campaign probably
needs to be able to support
> both if you've got both.

I read Daniel
Goleman's "Emotional Intelligence" some years ago, and I recall the author
claiming that research with children has shown similar things about
differences between boys and girls at younger ages. I can't recall the exact
quote, but it has to do with girls generally being more aware of social
interactions at a younger age than boys. Both sexes figure it out, but girls
generally pick it up sooner, according to the research.

Some Googling turned
up this excerpt from the book, which explains a concrete example:
http://djewart.co.uk/Thoughts/different.htm