Re: (TFT) attributes DEX

> > based off the above it can be shown that a beginning char. @ 8/8/8 & 8 can
> > BEGIN the game able to succeed at a 5d check almost 50% of the time.

> You mean a ST 8, DX 16, IQ 8 character? Ok. What's your point?

Sorry for not being clear. The little bitty county I live in over here on the left coast dosen't warrent highspeed connections yet so ergo I bum time when I got something to try and get out. I've had a couple of floadgate periods where it's like things that have been at the back of your mind for a long time (on the backburner) finally come together and you actually have something to say. Unfortunatly Jay does not translate well into english... also he's not that bright (and lazy to boot!) so let me show you what I've been working from...

let me quote

TFT AM COMBAT WITH BARE HANDS, DAGGERS, CESTUS, OR CLUB pg. 21

this is his progression...

ST/DAMAGE

8or< / 1-4
9,10 / 1-3
11,12 / 1-2
13,14 / 1-1
15,16 / 1

17-20 / 1+1
21-24 / 1+2

25-30 / 1+3

30-40 / 2+1
40-50 / 3+1
50-60 / 4+1
and so on...

So I had to think about it, and being ME if I don't get it right away then I have to have it spelled out for me (see 'What happend to the Mnoren?'). Well nobodys gonna do it for me so here's what I came up with...

ST/DAMAGE

7 / 1-5
8 / 1-4
9-10 / 1-3
11-12 / 1-2
13-14 / 1-1
15-16 / 1
17-18 / 1+1
19-20 / 1+2
21-22 / 1+3
23-24 / 1+4
25-26 / 1+5
27-28 / 2
29-30 / 2+1
31-32 / 2+2
33-34 / 2+3
35-36 / 2+4
37-38 / 2+5
39-40 / 3

51-52 / 4

63-64 / 5

75-76 /6

This seems abit more natural especally when you consider that under the other progression 70-80 = 6+1

It's that damn 4pt brick.... It messes up the progression...... unless....

Exp

33-36 = 125
37-40 = 250
41-45 = 1000
46-50 = 3000
51-55 = 5000
each add 5 = prev cost X2

The GM Screan gives us this

Revised Exp

33-35 = 125
36-39 = 250
40-43 = 500
44-47 = 1000
48-51 = 2000
each add 5 = prev cost X2

are we talking levels here?

> > now another intresting tidbit; 4d6-4 gives the range 0 - 20. There's your
> > d20 without the funny shaped dice.

> No, a d20 has 20 possible results (1-20 or 0-19, depending on what you say
> 0 means), with the same chance of each value.
> 4d6-4 has 21 possible results, with a bell-curve distribution, where each
> end value has only a 1/1296 chance of occurring (not 1/20). Very
> different.

Well yes. I was refering here to Mr. Jacksons disdain for the 'irritating polthrdrial dice' and D&Ds takeover by the d20 system thing.

> > I'm afraid I'm going to have to advocate 4d6 checks in combat and the
> > like.

> For what reason? If you want to preserve 10 as the 50% point, you'll want
> 5d6-7, or even 5d6 with special numbering so it does the -7 for you. ;-)

I owe ya more on this one but I'm whuped. next are those success rolls...

Jay