RE: (TFT) Killing Joe

> As my tibia and fibia will attest to, less is needed if there's a
> twisting force applied. 2 bones, 5 pieces... not pleasant.
> - Joe Hartley

       I knew a guy who wrecked his knee swinging at a pitch.  His right cleat
stuck in the ground not allowing his heel to twist away.  People said they
could hear the pop up in the stands.  He's a very successful cabinet maker in
Florida now, the kind that is in high demand with a waiting list.  But he's
still very cautious with anything involving torque.  I got to play a lot of
TFT with him over those months.
       Another guy hadn't played soccer in years.  Without stretching, warming
up, or anything he joined in a game and injured his knee severely.  Trying to
change directions and do fancy foot work like he used to.  He said ''I guess
I'm not as young as I used to be.''
       Myself I'd say that he let the periods between playing soccer get too
long.  I believe it had been over a year, probably several, since he had
played any sport at all.  I'll even go so far to say, at the risk of being
trite, that apparently he didn't realize he had forgotten the Running talent.
But we got to play a lot of TFT to take his mind off the cast.
       Stretching, doing warm ups, don't try anything heroic unless you do it
every day normally.

David Michael Grouchy II