Re: (TFT) Hex

Thanks for the link Mr. Gacy. Just the kinda thing I look for.

Travel time is an odd thing. I find that there are a number of ways to resolve travel depending on the story I'm trying to tell. If the figures are moving in a dangerous area then stuff like marching order is important. This is a kinda default "the GM is rolling checks for wandering monsters" mode. Sometimes the PCs are chaseing or being chased. Sometimes they go for speed, sometimes stealth. Sometimes they simplly have to go somewhere to get something that isn't avalable at their base location. If the trip is neither challenging nor dangerous but mearly routine then both the GM and player are simply concerned with cost and time of the trip and not the details.
(i.e. If your traveling with 2000 men of the Kings Own Guard then I doubt anything on the random encounter table is really gonna mess with you, unless of course you've got 14 hex dragons or some such on the tables and if so then I wouldn't imagin ANYBODY would go traveling without 2000 men of the Kings Own Guard('Regin of Fire'?))
Reguardless the one factor common to all the above is time. If it takes a week to travel to the Big City then a PC who makes the trip would loose 2 weeks work...
I wonder what else a figure could do with their Downtime?
We know they can study.
I'm about to post some stuff on building.
hummmmm
sounds like my campagne could use a Timeline.