RE: (TFT) Hex

Okay when we last discussed the geometry of the hex we found that a hex was described as "regular" if all sides and angles were equal and the sum of all angles equals 720deg making each of the 6 angles 120deg. TFT measures hexes "side to side". If we assume these hexes to be regular then may I mention the following?

It's all triangles. Equlateral triangles if the hexes are regular.

It works like so.

We measure hexes STS so a line drawn from one vertice to it's direct oposite (not diagonally across as this line would pass through the center point) is equal to the scale.
Do this three times in the same hex and you end up with an equalateral triangle.

Now take a triangle.
Mark it's center point.
(The center point can be found by drawing lines from vertice to midpoint of each side, the center is the convergance)
Repeat as much as you care too.

Take a second (equal) triangle.
Mark it's center point.
Draw a line from the center to each vertice.
Repeat as much as you care too.

When placeing these tiles conform to this rule.

Tiles are placed side to side where a tile of the first type shares sides only with tiles of the oposite type.

Useing this pattern you can get non-rotating hexes at 5 or 10 times bigger/smaller from whatever scale it was that you were useing to begin with.

You can also get Penrose's Kites and Darts outta this junk but beebadeetdeetdee
too much math

I just wanna play a game.

Anyhoo I'll try and post a pic on the site as Jay again is proving difacult to translate into english....