Re: (TFT) THE LISTS funniest quotes

In a message dated 12/28/2007 1:44:58 PM Central Standard Time,
fuhrmanator@gmail.com writes:

> All I can say is that I never felt that the so-called lethality of TFT
> affected our role playing more than it did in D&D. If you try to approach
> TFT like D&D, that would be "bugsh*t crazy"...

Very low level D&D has the same properties (problems, from my pov and the pov
of like-minded gamers, usually expressed as "very low level characters are
too brittle to be viable in play" or words to that effect.)

Also, why shouldn't it be a viable style of play to approch TFT like (mid to
high level) D&D? Given that the players and GM both want to play it that way.
It would require some house rule tweeks to make it play more smoothly in a
high-combat, lower lethality style, but I shouldn't have to expect the Game
Police to break down my door if I do.