Re: (TFT) HT's views on complexity

Jay, let me start by saying I think you're mad.

And if I were to introduce you to my other mad friends, you'd know that's a
good thing.  That said, here's a response to multiple emails:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 08:00:37 +0800
"Jay Carlisle" <selfinflicted_wounds@boardermail.com> wrote:
> I figure I turn 40 in the middle of June so I've been hereing about this bloody mid-life crises since I can remember.

Phhht, youngster.

> There is STILL, in this golden age of technology, NOTHING that compeats for interactivity than MY mind vs. YOUR mind.

That is definitely the crux of the biscuit.  I remember years ago, my
mother was looking at Tollenkar's Lair as I had it laid out for a game,
and she didn't get what it was, mostly because to her, games were like
Monopoly.  When I explained it as an outline for what the players may do,
she sort of got it.. but not totally.  Still, she said "You really have to
use your imagination for this, don't you?" and that's it at the core.

> It scares the HELL outta me that I'm promising "pages" for the new year,
> especally as I have only one more day to crouch "golorisely" in my stupidity.

I'll point out as a card-carrying procrastinator, that there are 366 days left
before it's 2009.

> (sad story here)
> I recieved several old games from a friend here for Christmas.
> All of them are copies!
> And She PAID for 'em!
> BAD pirates!

Here's my take on that:  I'm happy to fork some money over to the people
who create and publish games.  What cheeses me right off is when people make
money off other people's creations.

> Townes Van Zandt
> http://profile.imeem.com/7Rwj9/music/0mbn_D3h/townes_van_zandt_dead_flowers/
> I love the Stones but Jager will NEVER NEVER NEVER be a hillbilly.

I'll be damned.  There are not a lot of people who remember Townes, and you're
absolutely right about Mick.

> I gotta rest up cause I'm gonna do nothing tommrow but get drunk and post
> ALL DAY!

Works for me, but then, I like Kerouac and Bukowski.