(TFT) RE: TFT Digest V3 #971

After reading through a lot of this about realism etc. a couple of quick
thoughts...

TFT, IMO, has the correct balance of playability and realism.  It is not
meant to be an engineering model of the real world.  It is not meant to
represent a cut by cut replay of a fight.

I have found that with only one or two "house rules" the game works very,
very well and can be played by disparate groups with little pre-game
discussion.  It is over 30 years old and still, IMO, is the best RPG game
out there that I have experienced.

Attempting to make the game more "realistic" leads to armoring single
fingers and the like, a waste of my time and not more fun.

On another note, I have had my encounters with wildlife having spent a lot
of my childhood on the farm.  Wild pigs and javelina, hornets, coyotes,
snakes, horses, wild bulls, hornets, vultures, scorpions, etc.  Besides the
two rules of gun usage (treat a gun as always loaded and never point it at
anything you don't intend to shoot), there is one for walking through the
woods that states, "Don't pick up a snake to kill a stick"!

-Kirk