RE: (TFT) Intentions

Ok.

I don't disagree with building a world that runs without players. The
exception I tool was attempting to make the world or setting "real". Dragons
aren't real, Orcs and Hobbits aren't real. We bend, break, and ignore real
world physical laws in story land all the time. It simply doesn't make
sense, to me, to attempt to assign an objective value to ST=1, DX=1, or IQ=1
as the net effect of their application is adjusted by the GM or the scenario
to enhance play. In simpler terms, sometimes ST=16 will be enough, sometimes
it won't be, depending the need to further the plot. It is adequate and
functional to simply state what the values need to be for an average human.

Even within the D&D campaigns in which I have participated, along side the
most intense number crunchers, the players simply expect the DM to fudge it
once in a while to move the story along, kill or save an important NPC, and
even save a PC from an ignominious death.

If you want to purse you thought experiments attempting to quantify an
objective base unit of measure, more power to you. Have fun with it. I'm
just saying that it little, if any, practical value with the rules structure
and level of abstraction defined in The Fantasy Trip.

Ray Rangel
ray.rangel@cox.net
http://xraysvision.blogspot.com/