(TFT) Fatigue equals worship

Fatigue equals worship

     I don't mean "magic items," I mean "artifacts". Like the ones with
massive campaign-altering power but come with some sort of Terrible Price that
must be paid as standard equipment. Real old school First Edition stuff.

     The fatigue cost of magic items can be used as a horror element. The
local priest has explained that bowing down to idols is equal worshiping
idols.  The priest has extended the definition of idols to include magic
cloaks. The villagers burned down the local wizards guild with cries of
idolatry.

     An all-moot was called.  The point was raised that when this insane
priest gets Theologian they may very well extend the definition of idols to
include any and all magic items produced by the Wizards guild.  Funding for a
course of action was immediately found.

     As adventurers in this campaign it is your task to form a new religion to
stop the burning of guild halls. The Moot has commissioned your group with a
starting fund of one thousand gold. But they will disavow any relation to your
new religion or knowledge of your group. Good luck!