Re: (TFT) Is it an RPG or really a Tactical RPG? - Rick Weighs in.

I have to agree here. It has not been my experience either that the lethality of a combat system encourages people to be more diplomatic.

And does being diplomatic necessarily equate to roleplaying?

However, I like a deadly combat system because it gives the players a sense of accomplishment if they have a character who they have played well, and who has managed to survive the perils and pitfalls of a fantasy world.

David