Re: (TFT) Lords of UnderEarth to TFT

One of the reasons I'm trying for Goblin as an example of this Scale of combat rather than the obvious LUE is precisely some of those "tweaks" they made.

Two that spring to mind at the moment are the re-scaleing of the grid to 1m hexes sts, and the use of the later non-SJ experience.

I'll use the hexes as an example here.

@ 1.3m hexes, a clasical Greek figure stood 6ft tall.
They were prusueing a 'heroic ideal' in their art but we're talking heros here nicht whar?

What he was Scaleing here for, was ZOC. (IMO)
Hold your arms out and measure the distance from wrist to wrist, and it's probably around 1.3 m

Now lots of swords produced in mass (roman gladius, chineese broad, etc.) are all around 3ft in length.
This is about the length of our 6 footers arm.
What this meens is that a human Figure with a Sword can reach from the center point of its hex, to the centerpoint of an adjecent hex.

1m hexes throw this off.
Yes they are probably better Scaled for Dwarfs, but do we REALLY want to set Dwarfs as the standard?

I'm trying to get Gibal and Goblin written as Rules so that they can be properly criticized and reviewed, but the idea is that AM is the Scale.
To focus on smaller areas than 1.3m or shorter chuncks of time than 5 seconds is the stuff in Gibal.
To focus on larger distances or chuncks is Goblin stuff.

LUE is at an odd enough Scale-level (Unit size 30ish, hex size 30m sts) that I'd say that a Units "Marching Order" makes a HUGE difrence.
Tunnels 1m wide
Narrow Coridor 4m wide
Wide 10m (or more)

At this Scale I'd call difrent "Marching Orders" orders or Actions.

Build your CRT's according to effectiveness of formations, as well as effectiveness of weapons Unit is equiped with.

Anyway, if you keep the 1.3m hexes from TFT then it's 1,5,10,20,40... and 40m sts is Squad Leader.

Why is this cool?

Cause I can scale up Technology through WWII Units w/o even MORE research.

Remember, ANYTHING can show up in Cidri.
Not only do I have to describe Units of Wizards, but I gotta be able to handel Machine Guns, and Lasers, and...

No one said it'd be simple...

Jay