Re: (TFT) Death test first encounter: spider probs....

The spiders are a special situation which, IIRC, Death Test gives complete rules for. If GM'ing something like that in general TFT, I would tend to use the rules in the Nuisance Creature section for things like swarms of rats.

IIRC Death Test does say you're allowed to benefit from rumors (i.e. knowledge from previous plays), and what we did at least once was either bypass the chest or give everyone leather or better at the start and then have people who didn't want to wear armor take it off after dealing with the spiders.

PvK