From: tft-admin@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-admin@brainiac.com] On Behalf Of
Steve Reinhardt
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 1:02 PM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) Death test first encounter: spider probs....

The spiders, what a pain!  A year or 2 ago, I was working on a javascript
app to play out DT1 in a browser (haven't touched it lately).  I remember
having to code in a bunch of special cases just to handle exceptions for the
spiders.  In testing the spider room, the fights just ended up being tedious
and I decided it would be easier and more fun to just reduce the whole
encounter to a single roll with results based upon armor worn.  Usually I
just skipped the chest as I didn't want the gold bars anyway.  I never did
find a good way to defeat the bears without taking serious casualties.