From: David Jackson <azog@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: (TFT) After "Ike"
To: tft@brainiac.com
Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 1:33 AM

You are fortunate.  Gustav (which came right before Ike) took out our wooden
fence and damaged our house.  We were without power for 8 days, which
doesn't seem like a lot until it's happening to you.  We were blessed
that,
unlike many of our neighbors, we had no roof damage.

I'm glad you came through it relatively unscathed.  Ike was a very nasty
storm.

David Jackson

On 9/16/08 11:45 PM, "Phillip Roath" <drake_63@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> Friday morning my wife (Terra) and I went a ahead and evacuated at the
prompt
> from the
> local fire department. And my worried in-laws. We went to Kerrville and
stayed
> with Terra's
> dad and watched the news and the internet to see when we could come back.
As
> of monday night our apartments had no power or phone service, this was
> restored early tuesday morning sometime and we arrived back home this
evening.
> We were blessed
> by God's grace and protection finding everything intact and no damage
to our
> stuff. Our
> other family memebers down here are well and with little damage to
property,
> and even
> cat (Penelope) is doing quite well.
>
> I consider myself to be quite lucky and I praise God that this storm as
bad as
> it was
> and could have been much worse for every body, did not cause massive loss
of
> life.
> We will all recover and even though it was very bad for many, for me I was
> blessed
> and my trust in God kept me relatively stress free.
>
> I know many of you all prayed for me and my family and for that I thank
God,