RE: (TFT) What kind of tactics are useful?

Thanks for all the great feedback.  I'm kind of getting the hang of it now.  I
just had another question though.

I've been using David O. Miller's melee mass combat pdf, so I'm creating my
teams from that.  So each character is only allowed 2 weapons (and a shield
counts as a weapon).  The question came up when I have guys with 2H great
weapons or pole weapons.  What else am I supposed to give them?  Another big
sword?  What would be a good back up weapon for those guys?