(TFT) Reply All test

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
Amos 3, 3

He travels the fastest who travels alone.
-Kipling

Solitude is as needful to the imagination as society is wholesome for the character.
James Russell Lowell

Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast, or a god.
Frances Bacon

Solitude affects some people like wine; they must not take too much of it, for it flies to the head.
Mary Coleridge

Omnia nobis mala solitudo persuadet.
Seneca
(Solitude prompts us to all kinds of evil)

Other people are quite dreadful. The only possible society is oneself.
Oscar Wilde

If a man write a better book, preach a better sermon, or make a better mouse-trap than his neighbour, tho' he build his house in the woods, the world will make a beaten path to his door.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quotation confesses inferiority.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Difficile est satiram non scribere.
Juvenal
(It is difficult not to write satire)

Make people think they're thinking and they will love you for it. Go too far and actually make them think, and they will kill you for it.
-adapted from Don Marquis

We should be as careful of the books we read, as of the company we keep. The dead very often have more power than the living.
Tyron Edwards

By conversing with the mighty dead we imbibe sentiment with knowledge. We become strongly attached to those who can no longer either hurt or serve us, except through the influence which they exert over the mind. We feel the presence of that power which gives immortality to human thoughts and actions, and catch the flame of enthusiasm from all nations and ages.
-Hazlitt

A discursive student is almost certain to fall into bad company. Homes of entertainment, scientific and romantic, are always open to a man who is trying to escape from his thoughts. But a shelter from the tempest is dearly brought in the house of the plague. Ten minutes with a French novel or a German rationalist have sent a reader away with a fever for life.
-Willmott

How well he is read to reason against reading.
-Shakespeare

Deep versed in books, but shallow in himself.
-Milton

Maou Tsaou; a scholar who, having failed, gives himself over to wine.
Thomas Rowe

Das Mvgliche soll der Entschluss Beherzt sogleich beim Schopfe fassen; Er will es dann nicht fahren lassen, Und wirket weiter, weil er muss.
Goethe Faust "Vorspiel auf dem Theater"

C'est le rtle de la couardice, non de le vertu, de s'en aller tapir dans un creux, sous un tombe massive, pour iviter les coups de la fortune.
Montaigne
(It is the role of cowardice, not of courage, to crouch in a hole, under a massive tomb, to avoid the blows of fortune)

Success is the child of Audacity.
Benjamin Disraeli

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Le succes de la plupart des choses depend de voir combien il faut de temps pour reussir.
Charles Louis Montesquier
(The success of most things depends upon knowing how long it will take to succeed)

The secret of success is constancy to purpose.
Benjamin Disraeli

Aut non temptaris, aut perfice.
Ovid
(Either attempt it not, or succeed)

Quod est, eo decet uti.
Cicero
(Such strength as a man has he should use)

Minimum decet libere cui multum licet.
Seneca
(He who has great strength should use it lightly)

Eureka! Eureka!
Archimedes

Success is full of promise until men get it; and then it is a last-year's nest from which the birds have flown.
Henry Ward Beecher

It costs a lot of money to die comfortably.
Samuel Butler

Die That ist alles, nichts der Rhum.
Goethe Faust "Vorspiel auf dem Theater"

	Oops, did I forget the translations of Goethe's Faust quotes?

Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute-
What you can do, or dream you can, begin it,
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
Only engage, and then the mind grows heated-
Begin it, and the work will be completed!

	and

The deed is everything, the glory naught.