Re: (TFT) Playing in character

  Well, I had never done it before but it was fun. It was strange. I
really didn't know what to do at first. I've been married for years so I
thought about just naggin' and bitch'n at everyone but then thought
better of it. On more than one occasion, I recalled some "inconvenient
facts" for some of the characters as if I had the memory of a woman-
this ability actually frightened the other players. In the end, it
turned out to be somewhat comfortable because I've been around women, I
know women...some of my best friends are women. I avoided overacting and
coming off like a bad Richard Simmons character. The guys were all okay
with it although I don't think any of them had ever done it. Playing a
tough yet feminine character while not falling into a stereotype is a
challenge. While I might continue with the character if and when I get
to play again, I don't think I'd create another one any time soon. I
don't want to known as the guy "who always has chick characters". While
I can't put my finger on it, there seems to be something a little
unsettling about. Probably homophobia. :-)

FWIW,
Aidan

Gavin wrote:

So, I ask you: