RE: (TFT) Playing in character

I can just see it now, as the group of companions heads into battle and the
female character says "You guys are going to Kill Orcs dressed like that!!!"

Dave C

> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:51:47 -0600> From: paleryder1@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: (TFT) Playing in character> To: tft@brainiac.com> > Well, I had
never done it before but it was fun. It was strange. I> really didn't know
what to do at first. I've been married for years so I> thought about just
naggin' and bitch'n at everyone but then thought> better of it. On more than
one occasion, I recalled some "inconvenient> facts" for some of the characters
as if I had the memory of a woman-> this ability actually frightened the other
players. In the end, it> turned out to be somewhat comfortable because I've
been around women, I> know women...some of my best friends are women. I
avoided overacting and> coming off like a bad Richard Simmons character. The
guys were all okay> with it although I don't think any of them had ever done
it. Playing a> tough yet feminine character while not falling into a
stereotype is a> challenge. While I might continue with the character if and
when I get> to play again, I don't think I'd create another one any time soon.
I> don't want to known as the guy "who always has chick characters". While> I
can't put my finger on it, there seems to be something a little> unsettling
about. Probably homophobia. :-)> > FWIW,> Aidan> > Gavin wrote:> > So, I ask
you:> 1).B Who likes to play females?> and, more importantly,> 2).B Why?B What
is the allure?> > Gavin Gossett> The Fantasy Quest> TFQ Games> >
Gavin@TheFantasyQuest.com <mailto:Gavin@TheFantasyQuest.com> B >
<mailto:Gavin@TheFantasyQuest.com>> www.TheFantasyQuest.com> > ----- Original
Message ----- From: <paleryder1@verizon.net> <mailto:paleryder1@verizon.net> B
<mailto:paleryder1@verizon.net> >> To: <tft@brainiac.com