Re: (TFT) Play by Post Gladiator Combat

Really? Thanks for the information!

Another thing I'm not seeing right now in Basic Melee is reference to charging or receiving Polearms going before all other attacks. Is that in basic melee? Or was that rule not introduced until Advanced Melee?

For the record, here are the differences I've noticed between the 5th edition web version of basic Melee and the archives version (the one I have handy):

-In the archives version Plate Armor is -6 to adjusted Dex, not -5.
-In the archinve version there is no reference to the 3-hex straight line under "Pole Weapons".
-In the archive version a Spear does 1+1 damage, not 1+2
-In the archive version, under the weapons table, the "Armor" section lists Chain -3 adjDex, but this 5th edition lists it as -4 adjDex. Note this same section contradicts itself, now listing Plate Armor as -6 to Dex.
-In the Combat Example at the end, Flavius is given a 12 ST and 12 DX in the archive version, with an AdjDex of 8 (-3 for Chainmail, -1 for large shield). In the 5th edition one online, he's given an 11 ST and 13 DX, with an AdjDex of 8 (-4 for chainmail, -1 for large shield).

There might be more differences; those are just the ones I've caught.