Re: (TFT) Mapping

The "obsession with megahexes" was to simplify area-of-effect spells. It makes a lot of things easier in game mechanic terms.

David Jackson

Sgt Hulka wrote:
The only thing I can figure is that they didn't want to waste pages with extra maps, which is a laudible goal, but the result was too much work for the referee.

I also never understood the obsession with megahexes, but now that I think about it, maybe Steve Jackson was trying to simplify mapping for the players. When I dragged out Basic D&D to play with my kids, I was surprised at how much they liked mapping. They literally fought over who got to draw the map. And that simple activity kept them focused on the game.

By using megahexes it makes it easier for the players to map their progress, I guess.