(TFT) To Pay or Not To Pay; THAT is the Question...!

RULES ARE FREE!

Yes, but paper, ink, layout, design, artwork, marketing and distribution costs money.

And MY players are free to use the cheapest components they can manage.

Cheap is Good.

How much does it cost to play?  I'd like to keep it as free as possable.

Very admirable, and I agree whole-heartedly.

My point here is that if your Figure is SOMEWHERE on the battlefield and has a car then as a GM it's up to me to describe the abalities of the equipment sufficently so that the outcomes y'all are predicting are pretty much what's gonna happen if'n a player drives his car AT the Oger.

I am confident I could describe this situation to my

I think a game studio should produce quality adventures and components.

Preach On!!

Locking up the rules is a nasty move.

Preach OFF!! "Locking up the rules" prevents doofusses from wrecking the game. I don't think there could ever exist a set of RPG rules that the "Gamers-Of-The-Universe" (a.k.a., GOTU) agree upon. There will never be a <successful> RPG Wiki, or at least not on any grand scale. Otherwise we would be conversing on a D&D list right now.

The best we can hope for is get a good general consensus with enough happy gamers to support the production source material and the maintenance of websites.

A band doesn't make a ton of money off the music, that profit is for the lable, the band puts the t-shirt money off the tour in their pocket.

I play bluegrass semi-professionally, and I can assure you that there is NO money to be made in Bluegrass music. In the 22+ years my band has been together, I can tell you that the lack of pay has two effects on us. First, it makes us enjoy our music for the sake of the music itself. Our motive is not to make money, but to share in the creation, cultivation and preservation of our special brand of art. Secondly, it is personally rewarding to make really fun, exciting and darn-good music and to entertain and share with others. Sound familiar?

That being said, is sure is rewarding getting paid for making a big audience happy!

Gavin Gossett
The Fantasy Quest
TFQ Games

Gavin@TheFantasyQuest.com