From: "Martin Gallo"
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) Momentum
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 19:06:50 -0500

It sounds like another iteration about the role of "initiative" in
a  game. I think we are discussing a morale related idea, where one
side  feels they are ahead (despite any score) and so is able to
somehow  keep possession of the tempo of the event. It lasts until
they give it  up or lose it to a concerted effort by the other side.

I have always disliked the initiative portion of most games as I
see  it as arbitrary and very much "not reflective of what I
perceive  happening in real life". Never have found a 'perfect'
method of  reflecting this on the table, other than DRMs for each
side based on  circumstances.

On Jun 3, 2009, at 6:44 PM, Cris Fuhrman wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 15:20,  wrote:
>
>> In something like TFT, it's easy to see for 1 on 1, less so for  groups or
>> teams, where there isn't much in the way of "coordinated behaviors",
>> especially over several rounds.
>>
>> Does anyone have a house rule they use that conveys such effects of
>> momentum from round to round?
>>

> Not a house rule per se, but wouldn't a talent such as Tactics  (repeated
> initiative bonuses) allow for this momentum?
>
> -- Cris Fuhrman, http://www.google.com/profiles/fuhrmanator
> Sent from Montreal, Quebec, Canada
> Mark Twain   -
> "There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist."
> =====
> "unsubscribe tft"

Chris Nicole
www.loran.karoo.net/