(TFT) Energy, units, cautionary notes.

At 3:07 -0400 3/26/10, Jay wrote:
Dynamite ~20,000fps or ~3,636 ST

Jay, I have trouble with your choice of units here. Converting a "ST" to a speed (feet per second) just doesn't seem consistent. Put another way, the speed has to be connected with a mass to mean anything in terms of either energy or momentum. A single atom at 20,000 fps is negligible, whereas a locomotive at that speed would be almost thermonuclear.

I would be happier (not completely happy) connecting "ST" to either momentum or (kinetic) energy, since to at least some approximation, strength allows you to pack momentum and energy into a tool or projectile (during a throw, or a swing).

	I would be happiest connecting "ST" to *power* (Watts), or spelled out,

Watt	= Joule/second
	= Newton meter/second
	= (kg meter/second^2) meter / second
	= kg meter^2 / second^3