Re: (TFT) Is this a decade of thought? SO SAD!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Margaret Tapley"

That's over a world discovered per year, but only about 1 magical
world every 25 years or so and space flight only once a century.
(assuming the discoveries were spread evenly over time)

If they could move between worlds anytime they wanted (i.e. at will),
that seems reasonable. I find it an interesting idea that more worlds
had magic than space travel... makes you wonder, given that we have
space travel (sort of) but not magic.

I really doubt "I'd" give up exploration of a multi-verse after only 300 years and only 3 worlds with space travel, I don't care how great Cidri is.
Speaking of Cidri, where's the space travel?
"Few traveled elsewhere - what need, when Cidri held all?"

I don't see a way for that to work. If you summon a demon in one
particular spot in Cidri, there's no chance of the spell failing if no
demon happens to be standing in the corresponding spot in "Demon
World". Therefore, it must be possible for demons to appear in any
spot in Cidri from any spot in Demon World.

If the same thing is true of relative time between the two worlds,
that opens the possibiliity that all demons are in fact the *same*
demon. Or one of two, I guess, since there are Greater and Lesser
demons. Or maybe the Lesser demon is actually "The Demon" as a kid...

4d demons are pretty neet.
My fingers extending through the plane of Flatland would look like 5 roughly circular sections seemingly independent of each other to A Square. Kinda spooky stuff really... and I was worried about the dark lord escaping my gameuniverse and showing up here and taking all my notes and etc. pertaining to the gameuniverse so he was running it.

But is there a distance that a demon could move on their own plane
that would equate to less than instant?

They seem to have legs, so they can probably walk. Heck, they can
probably do it in "our" plane, and just choose not to because it's
easier for them to teleport.

I'd agree as TFT seems to assume a clasic image of demon, horns tail and pitchfork.
Elseif how would folks recognize a demon to know how unlikely it is?
Of course, running with your idea of all demons are one then they almost certainly do not walk in the manner of 3d critters.

OOC, how many people are willing to pay for accurate RPG rules? There
was a fair amount of demand for new music during those composers'
lifetimes, and they were widely recognized as being among the best in
their trade.

This is a good point, although I wouldn't think to charge for rules.

...Just trying to keep you humble. No sane person compares themself to
Mozart and comes out ahead :)

Wow! I was thinking a fame, fortune, happiness thing but it does read like that.
Not to mention that I'm pretty sure that I'm nuts.
lol