Re: (TFT) Is this a decade of thought? SO SAD!

> "Three hundred years after Jen Mnoren's first jump, his dependents
> had found, mapped, and conqured 371 alternate Earths. Three had
> space travel; eleven had magic."
> That's over a world discovered per year, but only about 1 magical
> world every 25 years or so and space flight only once a century.
> (assuming the discoveries were spread evenly over time)

If they could move between worlds anytime they wanted (i.e. at will),
that seems reasonable. I find it an interesting idea that more worlds
had magic than space travel... makes you wonder, given that we have
space travel (sort of) but not magic.

> Can a Figure "forget" being a Wizard and switch to Hero?

It would probably take forever plus dragon hypnosis plus major amnesia
or head trauma...

>> I would say (though there's absolutely no evidence) that demons use
>> the plane from which they originated to teleport, by popping back
>> into
>> that plane and then out again in a different spot.
>>

> This is very interesting.
> Is there a one to one point corospondance twixt the demon "plane"
> and... Cidri's?
> I assume there isn't a one to one corospondance in the passage of
> time in such a case if the "movement" appears instant on Cidri's
> plane.

I don't see a way for that to work. If you summon a demon in one
particular spot in Cidri, there's no chance of the spell failing if no
demon happens to be standing in the corresponding spot in "Demon
World". Therefore, it must be possible for demons to appear in any
spot in Cidri from any spot in Demon World.

If the same thing is true of relative time between the two worlds,
that opens the possibiliity that all demons are in fact the *same*
demon. Or one of two, I guess, since there are Greater and Lesser
demons. Or maybe the Lesser demon is actually "The Demon" as a kid...

> But is there a distance that a demon could move on their own plane
> that would equate to less than instant?

They seem to have legs, so they can probably walk. Heck, they can
probably do it in "our" plane, and just choose not to because it's
easier for them to teleport.

> Perhaps attempting to find objective "rules" for "make-believe"
> isn't such a waste of a life?
> The good-lord knows it's a 'murkey' "living" though...
> Consider Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven.
> Haydn was for the most part a vassel of his patrons for the bulk of
> his "career" ($ over workspan is a career?).
> Mozart broke away from this... and suffered economically.
> Beethoven was able to transend Haydn's situation w/o suffering
> Mozarts ruin.
>
> Beethoven was his own man, more or less.
>
> Was this because of who Beethoven was as a Figure?
> Was this because Haydn and Mozart had 'softend-up' the PTB (powers
> that be) in the generation (20 years per) or so that they had before
> Beethoven to the point that a Beethoven could "call his musical
> shots" against the "funding"?

OOC, how many people are willing to pay for accurate RPG rules? There
was a fair amount of demand for new music during those composers'
lifetimes, and they were widely recognized as being among the best in
their trade.
...Just trying to keep you humble. No sane person compares themself to
Mozart and comes out ahead :)