Re: (TFT) Rick's Sprinting rules - A four minute mile?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Smith"
Subject: Re: (TFT) Rick's Sprinting rules - A four minute mile?

People in
very good shape would last a bit longer, but then
they would have bought some fatigue superscripts
(fST) using my rules.

 And while in basic TFT R. Bannister would need
a 26+ ST to do his feat, it would be a lot easier
for him to have (say) a 12 ST and buy 14 points
of fatigue superscripts.  He would still be a
very unusual, high attribute, man.  But he would
not be able to bench press 200 kg.

That is interesting.

Do these superscripts cost less exp. than a straight stat increase?

Uhhh, 200 kg is... 441 pounds... that's a pound over 80 ST useing my 5.5 pound thing.
ST 30 isn't quite 75 kg.
I've set ST to encumberance and have to use Talents to amplify things like weight lifting or a boxers punch.

 When multihex figures sprint, the fST cost is
proportional to their hex size.  So a Giant
would need 3 fST to sprint for two turns.

The giant halfling thing comes up in something else I'm babbeling about but this is neet.

 I don't know what you mean by the Wadlow
effect.

Robert Wadlow was the Guniess Book worlds tallest man back when McWhirter edited and it was worth reading (a reason to dislike the IRA). Real world tall people have issues like scoliosis w/o even bringing up scaleing issues like Galileo's bone.
Of course scaleing issues don't have to be all bad.
Assuming that halflings, humans, and giants are all made outta the same stuff has major proportional limits, but if Joe Average Human can jump 3 feet high then so can Joe Average Halfling, and Joe Average Giant.

Also, I've never seen all of the movie
"meaning of life".  (I have seen the skit where
they sing the song, evey sperm is sacred.)

According to IMDB I've only seen 1 of the top 5 grossing movies of all time so if it wern't for the fact that we're talking Monty Python here I would compleatly understand. Instead I'm a little bit worried about you... =====