Re: (TFT) Pirates!

In my TFT campaign, I used Metagaming's galley combat microgame Ramspeed, as well as Avalon Hill's naval wargame Wooden Ships & Iron Men (though few ships in my game had any cannon, the sailing movement rules are pretty good), with a few tweaks and adjustments to make them work together. Note that in coastal waters, usually a rowed galley will be faster in the short haul, than a ship under sail only.

Gotya Peter.
(and Hi!)

I was thinking some MECHANICIAN (2) trying to stick an engine on a boat...
One of my projects has been stepping Car Wars design system down to petrol/diesel engines from the hypothetical fule cell stuff. I just got a catalogue this week for the really big stuff like 20 cylinder, 3000 HP @ 1900 RPM Detroit Diesel engines so I guess I've got that stuck on my brain.

I remember both of those games.
Didn't AH come out with a early computer game licensed under the Wooden Ships & Iron Men title? One could target the hull, rigging, or personel as I recall w/different loads of shot in the guns. =====