Re: (TFT) House Rules?

See, I'm against using that kind of system for TFT. If a priestly character wants spells, let him buy spells. I'm afraid I just don't see where your sort of suggestion allows for more divergence. Allowing more choice allows more divergence. One of the hallmarks of TFT for me is that characters can be built in many, many different ways. D&D is fine, but there a fighter is a fighter is a fighter (and more recent versions of the game try mostly unsuccessfully to change this). In TFT, there's no generic character.
Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com

Quoting Matthew Skipper <tywyll@yahoo.com>:
Hey,
Thanks for sharing!
I definitely agree that 'Fencing' should just be 'Weapon Mastery'. Interesting take on Priests. I'm interested in more 'High Fantasy' priests
myself.  I'm thinking I might just make a 'Talent Tree' which would allow
people to learn a select number of associated spells that are related to the
God(s) with a Priest and High Priest Talent broadening the selection (kind of
the Gurps Magic suggestion). I'm also thinking of broadening the attributes (something I know many, many people have done....). I think splitting them in Half equates fairly well and
allows for a bit more divergence in character builds especially at higher
level.