Re: (TFT) High Level Play

It's true that in combat, high-magic armour leads to partial invulnerability, but... That stuff isn't just laying about, and in my campaign, you can't just drop off a bag of gold at the Wizard's Guild and pick up your new duds a few weeks later. If you want armour with the maximum +5 enchantment on it, you're going to have to do it yourself, or have another character do it for you. And you're going to have to come up with everything necessary. Most characters won't take the time. The ones who do spend all their time on it, and aren't usually a problem in the world. And if you remember, my campaign has a pretty powerful government conspiracy going on. One that specifically makes it difficult to acquire magic stuff. Not impossible, especially if you DIY, but hard. And, if you go up against those guys, they have stuff you don't. So far, no one has been able to quite figure out what's going on. The Thorsz troops are magic'ed up pretty well, but it's also well disguised. Magic items of any power take a long time to make, and a lot of money. And there's no guarantees. And while you're doing that, you're spending years of your life.
Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com