Re: (TFT) General Test of ITL Knowledge

PvK wrote:
> * A sleeping wizard doesn't engage anyone. The rule for slinker snatching in
ITL is about standing awake targets who are resisting. A sleeping target can't
resist. The only reason rolls would be needed would be to get the item off the
body (it might not be automatic to get a necklace off), and possibly to run
over the body and not trip. I think it is much more like a picking things up
situation (3 MA) than an attack (requiring an action).

I don't think anyone said a sleeping wizard engages other characters (I
certainly didn't).  I considered several things.  3MA for a slinker is about 1
second of game time.  A ST2, IQ6 animal has little chance (I think I am being
generous with that statement) of removing a necklace from a sleeping character
within 1 second without waking him.  It sees the shinny thing and wants the
shinny thing.  Not much planning was likely involved before the heist began
and not much muscle is available to rip it off the figure by force.  Your
blanket statement that a sleeping target can't resist is not necessarily
grounded in real life.  Using a situation that I am overly familiar
with...While I am sleeping, my wife can steal the blankets from me very
easily.  When I wake up freezing in the middle of the night and try to take
them back, she resists quite efficiently.  So some sleeping targets can resist
better than others.  And I can say with certainty that
 with my ST, DX, and IQ, there is zero chance of me stealing the
the blankets back in 1 second without waking her.  And that if I tried it, I
wouldn't have the chance to run...we would be engaged in combat.  Handling
this as an action as Margaret said is much more realistic.

- Rich