Re: Re: (TFT) Sweeping Blows

As I point out with the rules for movement in TFT "what we have here is a
failure to communicate".
TFT uses a very broad and undefined term of "damage".
Without argueing about what a point of ST damage is opposed to a point of
fST lets just move on to how the force is focused and generated.
Hand weapons follow the rules of simple machines.
The force generated by the Figure is bounded by their ST stat in some way.
If they hit solidly the force is transfred via the tool their using.
If it's a bat then the force is gonna be mainly focused on the area of the
plane of the contact surface.
Call it a ton of force but spread across several square inches.
If the same force is along a line rather than a plane then I'd imagine it
might continue forward for a longer duration.
Put the force on a point and it might get awfully deep.
If you measure out a 1.3m hex and put an average sized person in it you'll
find that if they take a step forward while swinging a 3 foot stick (while
their back-foot remains on the assumed hex-center) they reach the
hex-centers 2-hexes away well past the points of their "blades".