Re: Re: Re: (TFT) Two Weapons/Thrown Weapons

I didn't mean to be confused, it's simply that when I actually paid
attention to the actual physical dimensions being described by a TFT-hex
then the timescale starts to look pretty silly.
I find that old school players tend to think that a TFT hex is much bigger
than actually stated in the rules.
I also find that old school players tend to be married to the idea of the
3d6 check.
There is nothing in TFT that says I can't assign a 20d6 check as a GM, but
of course if my players think I'm just pulling 20d6 checks outta
my... "opinion maker" then I'm not likely to keep players around so I try
and describe where the extra dice are coming from.
However, 10 TFT-hexes @ 1.3m per or ~4.3' per is something under 6 mph for
Joe Average Hero's MA.
That's not even a really brisk walk.
Now it seems just a bit silly to say that although you as a physical person
can probably move 20 feet, pick up a couple of knives or something and
throw them inside of 5 seconds your idealized, imaginary "hero" can't do
that.
I find an approach like that tends to frustrate my players NOT entertain
them.
I didn't give TFT's hexes or turns their values, much less the critters
their
MA, but I can point out that the "system" makes for a very strange horse
race.
I guess I am a bit confused but I don't think this ones on my tab...