(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V4 #155

> I ran an online campaign for a while here about 10 years ago.  It was a
lot of
> work, but pretty fun.  I had about 9-10 active players running in small
groups
> of 1-4 players, operating in the fictional port city of Sacntuary from the
> Theive's World Universe. Sometimes the characters crossed paths and got
into
> arguments and conflicts without knowing whether it was with another
player,
> simply  assuming that they were NPCs, which made it pretty exciting as a
> couple of  the soloing players managed to bluff a party of 4 into thinking
> that they were particularly badass.    It was pretty fun actually and
> tactically detailed as we played out each turn of combat with maps and
basic
> instructions from players. It was pretty time intensive, and eventually I
had
> to call it off because I couldn;t keep up with it.  Good fun though.
 Would
> love to to try again sometime.

GRIPES is Generic Role-playing Independent Player Environments System where
much of the bookkeeping load gets put on the behest of the players as they
gain power in the game-world.
You take over my city? Okay, you now GM said city and can loose control of
it in the same manner that you took it.
Or just run the place into the ground.
Elseif they just might make a go of it...