Re: (TFT) Solo-Playing the Opposition in Melee / Wizard

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:02, gem6868 <gem6868@verizon.net> wrote:

> One thing I do try to do is play the enemy as best as possible. Once combat
> is engaged, it is likely that there are only a few sensible options.

I remember in the solo adventures from Metagaming (e.g., Death Test) that
some rooms define what the opposition will use as a strategy (whether they
charge in, fight to the death, try to run if their leader goes down, etc.).

Also, I think the "best" or "sensible" move is not what some enemies would
actually do. Some of the best GMs I remember playing with would role-play
it. For example, a bear might attack the last enemy that injured (angered)
it, even if it's not the best tactical thing to do. You can base the type of
tactics on the enemy figures' IQ.