(TFT) thrown weapons

OK, so I've read and re-read the throwing weapon rules - maybe I understand them. Since thrown weapons are a "regular attack", you can move half and throw them, right? My experience with trying out a thrown weapon in Melee Arena Combat is that the low likelihood of a hit unless you are right on top of someone, combined with being close to them and having to switch weapons almost always gives them a free attack. Historically, these heavy short-ranged weapons were considered pretty dangerous, especially in the hands of practiced users like Romans, Franks, et al. I was thinking that perhaps I'd switch the range modifier to -1 / megahex >1, so a throw to the adjacent megahex would be at straight DX, while a full megahex interval is -1DX, 2 is -2DX, etc. Anyone have any similar thoughts? =====