Re: Change (was: (TFT) Jobs table: ...)

And again, we're at odds.
Quoting gem6868 <gem6868@verizon.net>:
Steve Jackson, et al, aren't trying (erm, DIDN'T TRY, last century) to
present you with a world where things make sense according to the modern
mind.

This is correct.
I doubt he consulted or read Gies, or anyone else.

This is not. I met Mr. Jackson a time or two when I lived in Austin, and though I did not know him well personally, many of my friends did. This is because I'm in the SCA, game, and write software for a living. By all tales, he is pretty well-read in the area of history. But he writes games people want to play and doesn't let history get in the way of that.
Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com