Re: (TFT) Death Test 1, take 4: SURVIVED!

This is the primary reason I play Melee instead of Advanced Melee.

Advanced Melee adds a lot of great things to the game, and it codifies a lot, but all that goes completely down the drain due to the rule that Pole Weapons always go first. The result is that Pole Weapons dominate the game. Your character must, MUST have a pole weapon or he/she is dead meat. You must start with a spear in your hand, hope that you do enough damage in the charge/reception of charge to prevent your opponent from striking with his/her halberd, and then shift to a sword once engaged. One could argue that's historically accurate, but it certainly loses some fun.

It's easy to house rule that requirement away, of course.