[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TFT) Howard Thompson versus Steve Jackson (and Pole Weapons)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: (TFT) Howard Thompson versus Steve Jackson (and Pole Weapons)
- From: Sgt Hulka <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:36:04 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1318354564; bh=F+TxuGc6OW+7rRSST0Zp/oxxgio4I1ysRTsh7LAI/PE=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=E9bEVp0D081CjvPu9uNeMzF7kPxChlR0bOvhNHz0hxMRoYQ0ketN2LHt+JVVoU/tkO4k1Y0wns9wddS+Fd+ug+SD+u8iu4vXCPQTHmTNpi4Cgxl1pCz2+Sj9wNq4EnMYQ1qqmYpJcurd0vVK0ChsRGsBOcgOGQAbgdXjYuurXOw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ZOFxQ+PRJpXO4kAiaceh3JeTYfNeTvYx8SX/Xp5kwd9xs7NyAON1ux3wPX49Y2948vEUmW9nF1BbkoQwAExA6Lms7ZJ85qYXjw/t3UYjRIswWM6WSs4Caa4MzOdhkyqQ5ZwsAQJKtLa2luXSkEA7rIPMbN5Xy72FNWUcdISlXDU=;
- In-reply-to: <20111008084956.9058A8E5@resin12.mta.everyone.net>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
In my own opinion, the only real change you need to make to Pole Weapons in Advanced Melee is to eliminate the rule that they always act first when involved in a charge. Per my experience, that brings everything back in balance, and brings Dex back to its important place in character builds.
That said, I do like David O. Miller's house rule about adding a set number of dice to a charge instead of doubling the dice. It gives those guys in plate mail at least a fighting chance to survive.
--- On Sat, 10/8/11, PvK <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> From: PvK <email@example.com>
> Subject: Re: (TFT) Howard Thompson versus Steve Jackson (and Pole Weapons)
> PvK: What would people think of this for an alternate pole
> weapon nerf? (I'm just making this up over my morning
> coffee, but give it a think.)
> 1) A pole weapon user who begins
> the turn engaged may no charge bonuses against others moving
> up to engage that turn.
> 2) To get charge bonuses, either
> the pole weapon user, or his target, must have moved more
> than one hex this turn.
Post to the entire list by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe by mailing to email@example.com with the message body