Re: (TFT) Streets of fire as the module a nice integration, but Archery/Missles/aimed shots

Don't like it. If you put a stone killer into a fight, he kills. The rules
allow for this. There's a lot of ways to get a high adjDX, and it sounds
like it was done legally.

If he was killing so well, why didn't the opposition make him a priority
(or did it)? If his natural and adj DX were the same, then the entire
fight must have occurred pretty close to him (within 2 megahexes, as you
don't show any adjustment for range. And apparently, no one knows how to
dodge (yeah, they might have all been engaged).

Also, you say he messed up the fight. I think the party might find that he
helped the fight. From their perspecitve, a short victorious fight is a
good thing.

I'm an amoral GM. I don't get fussy just because the party doesn't follow
the script. Around here, if you get badass enough, and don't cover your
tracks, the bad guys tend to send out their own badasses.

The real problem with the optional rules isn't the problem you outline,
where combat goes quickly if one figure has a big DX. It's when you have
two. They're theoretically evenly matched, but whoever has that 1 more
point of DX gets off the aimed shot and has far greater chance to end the
combat immediately. This is similar to the wizard dueling rules, designed
to keep whoever acts first from simply missle-spelling the other guy to
ashes before he can act. It's another aspect of TFT's scaling problems.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com